Check out here the best payroll software in Singapore to help businesses find the perfect fit for their needs.
by Mehak Mahajan, Consultant - Digital HR, hrtech
Payroll software is a must-have for businesses in Singapore to manage employee payments, taxes, and other related HR functions. With the increasing complexity of HR management, payroll software is becoming an essential tool for companies to streamline their HR processes and improve efficiency. This blog will review the best payroll software options available in Singapore to help businesses find the perfect fit for their needs.
Best Payroll Software in Singapore
The below are the list of best payroll software options available in Singapore:
- Ramco Systems
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Zoho Payroll
- Unit4 Prosoft
Ramco Systems is a cloud and mobile-based enterprise software provider that offers solutions in HR and global payroll, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and M&E MRO for Aviation. It differentiates itself through a focus on innovation and culture, disrupting the market with its next-gen approach to enterprise software.
- Enable creation of organization-specific rules
- Allows defining business logic for Earnings, Deductions, Bonus, Arrears, Leave and Attendance
- Supports compliance to standardized practices across geographical locations
- Take into consideration variances within individual, local geographies
- Deal with multi-element, multi-decimal, multi-currency, and multi-country payroll
- Multi-lingual Employee Self Service (ESS) delivered in English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese, French, Spanish, and Arabic.
- AI & ML: Empowers businesses with cost benefits, automation, and accuracy in decision making, driven by data. Built-in AI support chatbot (RamcoChia) for easy communication with employees.. Also includes HR Admin bot, SPOC bot, Policy bot and transaction bot.
- Frictionless Computing: Touchless employee experience making workplaces safe again.
- Universal Personalization Engine (UPE): Simplified and intuitive user interactions with the system.
SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud-based HCM software suite that includes solutions for payroll management. The suite offers individualized experiences to keep employees happy, productive, and engaged. It's used by over 235 million users in 200+ countries and territories worldwide, and has been part of the SAP family since 2012.
SAP SuccessFactors offers comprehensive cloud-based payroll solutions.
- Core HR and Payroll encompasses a powerful HR information system, payroll software, self-service HR, time and attendance, and other essential functions.
- It has a harmonized cloud payroll processes
- Accurate payroll monitoring
- Standardized payroll processing
- Connected HR management
- The software also offers a free trial period option
- The user experience is simple and intuitive
- SAP provides cross-enterprise insight and intelligence into the workforce, impact, and HR costs
- SAP provides localisation frameworks for managing country and regional regulations
- It is more than a payroll and SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite offers a comprehensive suite of global cloud-based HCM solutions, categorized into other areas like Employee Experience Management, Talent Management, and HR Analytics and Workforce Planning, besides the Core HR and Payroll solutions.
Info-Tech is a Singapore-based HRMS with Payroll solutions. It offers a user-friendly platform that can be accessed from anywhere, at any time. By automating the workflow, it frees up more time, enabling you to focus on more critical tasks. The system's robustness ensures compliance with all statutory requirements, eliminating the risk of hefty penalties or legal repercussions.
Payroll Basic Functions:
- Automatic calculation of salary and contributions such as CPF, CDAC, and SINDA
- Integration with other modules such as Attendance and HRMS
- Generate, view, and print payslips from web or mobile app
- Integration with major banks for salary disbursement
- Recalculate salary according to employee performance or purge salary that is redundant or obsolete
- Set a mode of payment for payroll: cash, bank transfer, or cheque
Payroll Software Reports:
- Ability to customize report
- Export report to Excel, PDF, or Word document
- Monthly payroll summary
- Year-to-date summary
- Reconciliation/salary comparison report
- Overtime summary report
- Headcount report
- Employee biodata (e.g., employee basic details, career history, training and appraisal details, insurance, etc.) with photo
- It’s pricing starts at S$2/month/user with no free trial period or version.
- Info-Pay: Approved by CPF Board, online submission of IR8A to IRAS (Auto Inclusion), and GIRO payment to banks in Singapore.
- It can easily integrate with other Info-Tech HRMS solutions like Info-Leave, Info-Time, Info-Claim, and Info-Appraisal.
BIPO is a well-known HR service provider in the Asia Pacific region headquartered in Singapore, is committed to delivering innovative solutions for effective HR management. With a presence in several countries and regions, including Australia, China, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, and Thailand, and business links in over 10 countries, BIPO's primary focus is on providing comprehensive HR software solutions including a payroll software.
- Robust payroll capabilities
- BIPO Payroll application is fully compliant with local regulations, such as IRAS, CPF, and MOM
- Simple payroll processing with automated calculation and multi-currency transactions. This is complemented by BIPO's other HR applications, including BIPO Leave Management, BIPO Time & Attendance, BIPO Safe Entry, BIPO Claims, BIPO Training, and BIPO Appraisal, which offer personalized hubs, custom leave policies, multi-shift tracking, contactless check-in, multi-currency claims support, training management, and performance evaluation, respectively.
- Next-generation HR capabilities that can be customized and integrated to fit specific business needs,
- Intuitive dashboards and reports,
- A full-suite HRMS with advanced features from onboarding to payroll to HR management, and secure employee data and statutory compliance.
- Additionally, BIPO's software suite is designed for mobility, allowing real-time tracking of attendance, clock-in/out using facial recognition, GPS, and WiFi, and seamless auto-sync for payroll processing.
Zoho Payroll is a payroll management software that is designed to simplify all aspects of payroll processing, making the process easy, intuitive, and compliant. With its user-friendly interface, statutory law compliance, and powerful automation capabilities, Zoho Payroll can significantly reduce the time and effort involved in managing payroll.
- Admins can manage multiple locations, add and manage multiple users with fine-grained access control for collaboration between HR, payroll, and accounting teams
- HR teams can deliver paychecks on time with Direct Deposit integrations with popular partner banks in India
- Employee self-service portal provides complete visibility on salary details, including:
- Downloading payslips/Form-16
- Declaring investments
- Claiming reimbursements
- Tracking salary revisions and loan repayments
- Contacting the payroll admin, and more
- Employees can access comprehensive and accurate payroll reports at any time
- Pre-formatted statutory reports are readily available to file returns quickly
- Zoho Payroll integrates with Zoho People, an HRMS, to automatically onboard employees to the payroll and process LOP
- Zoho Payroll also integrates with Zoho Books, a GST-compliant accounting software, to automate payroll accounting.
- It allows a free trial period and supports a free version.
- Compliance regulation updates are done automatically to ensure year-round compliance
- Employee self-service (ESS) portal provides various features, including:
- Downloading payslips
- Declaring income tax
- Claiming reimbursements
- Direct salary deposits are possible through partner bank integrations.
- It can easily integrate with Zoho People which is a cloud based HRMS that address all the HR needs of a business.
JustLogin is an employee-first fully integrated payroll software
- Unlimited Custom Pay Elements: create as many payroll items as needed, with the options of allowances, deductions, or reimbursements.
- Multiple Payroll Schedules: pay employees on different schedules, with monthly and fortnightly options available. Ad-hoc runs can be used for one-off payments.
- Access Control: assign specific staff to administer payroll for different groups of employees, and control who has access to sensitive pay information.
- Comprehensive Reporting: access over 20 different reports to review and compare a wide variety of payroll data for your business.
- Mobile Payslips: employees can view and download MOM-approved itemised payslips from their mobile app or online portal.
- Overtime Calculation: overtime hours can be automatically transferred from Clock or manually entered for overtime pay calculations according to MOM regulations or your own policy, with configurable overtime pay rates.
- Leave Deduction and Encashment: calculate no-pay leave deductions automatically when no-pay leave is consumed on JustLogin. Unutilised leave encashment can also be automatically calculated according to employees’ pay.
- Mass Update Employee Pay Details: update pay details for multiple employees in one go on JustLogin or simply import the details from your spreadsheet.
- JustLogin offers pricing plans starting from S$ 5 per employee per month with a free trial period.
- Automatically sync payroll data with accounting software – Xero or QuickBooks Online. Payroll is also integrated with CardUp and Reap to allow payroll payments via credit card.
- Easily run payroll in 3 steps with automated calculations and compliance with IRAS, CPF, and MOM regulations.
- JustLogin is more than just payroll. It is a complete HRMS allowing features like JustLeave, JustClock, JustExpense, JustBenefits and JustPeople.
Payboy is one of Singapore’s most favourite Payroll software system.
- Fully compliant payroll
- Never pay a fine for late submission or payroll processing errors
- Automatic calculation of CPF contributions (employee vs employer, PR vs Singaporean)
- Contributions to self-help groups (CDAC, MBMF, SINDA, ECF, etc.)
- Levies included (Skills Development, Foreign Workers, etc.)
- IRAS-approved payroll software vendor for AIS submissions (to submit IR8A)
- Fully customizable payroll
- Can be tailored to suit any organization's payroll and work structure
- Customizable itemized payslips
- Automatic adjustments for a variety of situations (mid-month hires and resignations, unpaid leaves, etc.)
- Customizable schedule for payroll processing
- Full range of pay items (addition, deduction, reimbursement, overtime, etc.)
- Fully integrated payroll
- Saves time not only in payroll but other important accounting matters
- Integration with banks for bank files (DBS, UOB, OCBC, etc.)
- CPF Board integration for CPF e-Submit
- IRAS integration for Auto-Inclusion Scheme
- Integration with popular accounting software like Xero, Quickbooks, Financio
- Payboy offers pricing plans starting from SGD 3.5 per employee per month.
- Covers all types of work arrangements including full-time, part-time, contract employees and freelancers.
- Fully-compliant with local Singapore based regulations from MOM, CPF and IRAS.
- It can easily integrate with other features of Payboy HRMS like Leave Module, Claims Module, Employee Hub, Customizable Reports, Attendance Tracking Module, Shift-Scheduling Module.
QuickHR is a Singapore-based payroll software with several distinguishing features.
- System tailored CPF formulations, auto SDL deductions, Bank GIRO and CPF submission features
- Delivers detail-oriented reports and analytics including monthly payroll summary and year-to-date summary
- Manage payroll schedules and pay slips on-the-go with QuickHR’s mobile app
- Customisable based on your company’s policies and employees’ unique requirements
- Generate forms and submit them with a click of a button via AIS (Auto-Inclusion Scheme) API integration
- QuickHR has an affordable pricing model, with a free trial period and pricing starting from S$ 2 per user per month.
- Integrated with every HR process (claims, leave, attendance, staff scheduling & many more)
- Caters to full-time, part-time, and freelance employees
- Can be used for different payment periods or pay cycles (monthly, bi-monthly, daily and even ad-hoc payroll)
- The first & currently only Singapore-based claims software with the upgraded version of the Multi-Tiered Cloud Security Standard MTCS SS584:2020
- Comes with all the latest and newest cloud controls - including Zero Trust
- Certified with the best security and privacy accreditations including ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 9001:2015
- One of the first HR systems in Singapore to offer Singpass multi-factor authentication login
- Multilingual MOM itemised payslips for cross-cultural teams
- Adaptable to remote/hybrid work setups
Swingvy is a CPF, MOM, & IRAS compliant online payroll software designed specifically for Singapore SMEs.
Get Detailed Payroll Calculations:
- Expand employee lines to see detailed calculations of all payroll items in the first step of running payroll.
- Automated payroll calculations ensure greater accuracy, giving you peace of mind.
Make Bulk Payroll Updates:
- Each payroll line under individual employees is editable in the first step of payroll.
- Bulk changes to payroll items and deductions for multiple employees are also available.
Reconcile Payroll with Pre-Built Reports:
- Standard pre-built reports are automatically generated and available for download, including payroll, variance, bank, and GIRO files.
- These reports can also be customized to suit your needs.
Prorate Salary and Payroll Items:
- Calculating pay for team members that join or leave mid-payment-cycle is done automatically based on join/leave date.
- This can be applied to any additional payroll items added too.
Run Multiple Payroll Runs:
- Define when and how you pay your team with multiple pay runs.
- Set a standard monthly and/or mid-month payroll and run ad hoc pay runs whenever you need!
- Its pricing starts from S$ 5 per user per month with a free trial period.
In-built CPF Calculator:
- Auto-calculate and pay CPF and other statutory contributions for fewer mistakes.
- Statutory payments are accumulated over all pay runs in a month to ensure you never overpay.
Send Digital Employee Payslips:
- Swingvy Payroll generates itemized digital payslips for each employee after a payroll is run.
- Payslips are triggered to send via email link and mobile push notifications.
- Mobile payslips are also accessed through the Swingvy mobile app.
Get Automated Tax & IRA8 Filing:
- Swingvy keeps up to date with current tax laws so that you don’t have to.
- Swingvy calculates tax and generates end-of-year forms for online submission, making IRA8 filing simple.
Streamlined Bank File Creation:
- Swingvy Payroll supports automatic bank file creation for Singapore’s major banks.
- Simply download the bank file from Swingvy once payroll is complete to simplify payment processing.
Talenox is an online payroll software suited for Singapore SMEs.
- Pay employees today or in advance, with individual or batch processing based on any payment schedule.
- Robust reports with a handy filter function for individual job details and payslips.
- Built-in calculation engine for taxes, CPF, SDL, FWL, and Community Donation Funds.
- Employees can view and download itemized payslips on the go, with a breakdown of each pay item.
- Talenox provides a free plan which is unlimited for organisations. The suite plan is priced variable for different number of employees. There is also a free trial period and free version available.
- 100% web-based, with real-time updates of statutory laws.
- Integration with popular HR-related and productivity software, banks, and governing bodies.
- Automatic tax calculations while processing payroll.
- Talenox is not just a payroll solution. It is a HRMS platform that supports Profiles and Leave features.
Unit4 Prosoft is a highly reliable HR software solution that is ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certified. It is statutory compliant in 10 locations, and offers multilingual capabilities. Its payroll outsourcing services include payroll processing, tax calculation, and benefit administration. With a focus on productivity, Unit4 Prosoft is designed to enhance your work efficiency and streamline HR operations.
- Single-click data collection
- Quick transition to actual payroll process
- Simplified payroll calculation
- Automation of payroll processes (e.g. tax payments, e-filing, etc.)
- Definition of multiple pay runs, allowances, and deductions
- Export of general ledger (GL) to finance system
- Online salary payments
- It’s pricing starts at S$4 per user per month with a free trial period.
- Guaranteed data protection
- Reduced storage space and paper costs
- It is more than just a payroll and can easily integrate with Unit4 HRMS which provides other features like talent management and compensation planning.
In today's fast-paced business environment, HR tech solutions are essential for businesses to remain competitive and efficient. Payroll software is a critical tool for managing employee payments, taxes, and other HR functions in Singapore. With so many options available, businesses need to carefully evaluate their needs and choose a software that fits their specific requirements. We hope that this review of the best payroll software options available in Singapore has been helpful and informative for your business needs.
Each of these payroll software options has its unique selling proposition and offers different key features, pricing, and benefits. Businesses should carefully evaluate their needs and choose the software that best fits their specific requirements.
In conclusion, HR teams have to adopt HR technology solutions to deliver stronger business outcomes. By providing a comprehensive list of the top payroll software systems available in Singapore, this blog post aims to help businesses and HR teams make an informed decision when selecting the best payroll solution. For more details about these providers and many other payroll providers, check out hrtech’s marketplace - an one-stop platform to find the best HR software in the market that fits your requirements.
About the Author:
Mehak Mahajan is an ardent HR enthusiast who believes in the immense power that every HR holds to make a difference not just in the professional life of people around them, but rather transform their overall growth, learning, life goals, lifestyle, and achievements. Through her role as an HR Consultant at hrtech.sg, she aims to enable application of technology across organizations struggling with their HR functions. She is a certified Six-sigma green belt with an MBA in Human Resources from the Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi, and has over 3 years of experience in HR and technology.