Artificial Intelligence (AI) has changed the global business environment as we know it, and this is most apparent through changes in traditional HR practices brought about by the emergence of cognitive technology. From hiring, payroll to team management, AI has enabled companies of all sizes to boost process efficiency, make people-centric decisions and focus on employee engagement. With a talent war brewing, this is an exceptionally crucial step for companies to take in order to retain their best talents.
A recruiter’s best friend
No longer a technology of the future, AI is now a present necessity. Beyond chatbots, its application in managing human capital becomes highly relevant today. Most notably, AI-based recruitment solutions that can think intuitively and make intelligent decisions based on vast data have been cropping up, boosting efficiency in the hiring process.
In an interview with The Economic Times, Pankaj Bansal, co-founder of India-based HR consultancy firm PeopleStrong, has seen “dramatic improvement in productivity” and “a 60% increase in revenue” with the adoption of AI-enabled recruitment solutions. Before this, PeopleStrong employees took 20 minutes each to sift through and download relevant resumes for a given role. This task is now completed within two minutes.
Other HR tech platforms like Skillate leverages AI to help employers scan and match resumes, while Koru has helped companies like Citibank and Deutsche Bank improve hiring outcomes by automating their online talent screening processes using AI and predictive analytics.
Another great example of how a company is using AI in recruitment is Beamery. The company uses a candidate relationship software to create better, more human relationships with prospective andidates, valuing them like customers.achine learning elements and AI suss out “priority” (passive) candidates and even suggest what times are best to reach out to them, thereby reducing hiring cycles.
Tokyo-listed Wantedly is a social jobs platform where talents and companies can meet based on shared values and vision. It offers a suite of products that leverages machine learning to help enrich the hiring experience for companies and talents. Through their ‘Wantedly Visits’ app, candidates can browse through job postings, engage with and visit the companies that inspire them. Besides the Wantedly Visits app, Wantedly People uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to detect and analyze text on business cards to instantly generate new contacts. The app uses AI to improve the accuracy with which it scans business cards.
What’s next for AI in HR
With AI-empowered tools saving man-hours and increasing headcount efficiently, organizations can spend more time strengthening workplace culture and deliver an amazing employee engagement to attract and retain the best talents. It’s 2019; cognitive technology will only keep learning and growing. What does this mean for HR? A revolutionary age of productivity, work satisfaction and organizational growth will soon be heralded with advancements in AI.
About the Author:
Wantedly is a social recruiting platform that allows users to find interesting jobs based on their social graphs.
Wantedly is a hiring platform that helps you build, strengthen and communicate your employer brand to hire the right talents for your company. Find purpose-driven candidates that are excited to join your team.
Go beyond the job post; showcase your company mission, vision, and values to make your brand stand out to jobseekers. By going beyond job post you will find candidates who share the same values as your team
- Wantedly's mission is to create a world where work drives passion.
- As a Modern Hiring Platform, we champion Employer Branding to attract the right talent based on shared purpose & values
- Provide a Social Hiring platform with unlimited job postings & Employer Branding service
- Reach out and engage with over 90,000 candidates who are using our platform to plan for their next career step.
- With unlimited job posts and viewable candidates, you can build a strong talent pool for all your hiring needs now and in the future.
- From editorial to photography, social boosts and more, Wantedly can help you develop, communicate and amplify your employer brand to attract quality candidates to your job posts.
- With our thorough onboarding process, our client success team will guide and support you to ensure you maximise your time and utilise the Wantedly platform effectively.
- Wantedly's marketing suite will be deployed to enhance and grow your brand presence to our vast network of users & target audience - including email communication, social media and more!
- No success fees, no hidden fees.
Lower your overall recruitment costs and reduce your cost per hire by using Wantedly's subscription services.
- Hands-on, hassle-free support to get you started, including best practices to streamline your recruiting
Take the first step to hire quality talent today!